Saturday 16 February 2019

My New Baby

So after months of planning, discussing, refining and eventual building my bike is ready.

I introduce to you my 2019 speed weapon.



The build is:

  • Quintana Roo PRSix Disc
  • DT Swiss ARC 1400 62mm front
  • Zipp Super 9 Disc rear
  • SRAM Etap Aero groupset
  • SRAM hydraulic brakes
  • Ultegra 53/39 crankset (to allow me to move my powermeter across bikes easier)
  • Zipp Vuka basebars and aero extensions
  • Specialized Romin Evo saddle
  • Casco Speedairo with Vautron visor
  • XLab Wing system for hydration
  • XLab Torpedo aero bar hydration system


Basically I have no excuses for not making the GB team this year. I took it out for a little blast in Norfolk today after picking it up - even though I'm shattered, even though I spent hours driving, even though I ran a 1st place Parkrun this morning, even though I was taking it relatively easy, I managed to average 20mph over a 25 mile route without too much effort.

The brakes are incredible, the disc wheel sounds fantastic, the shifting is effortless and reactive, the position is so comfy (more so aero than on the bullhorns).

Cannot wait to test this out properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment