Sunday 4 November 2018

Masochist? Masochist!

Pretty sure I'm a masochist - I love pain. One of my favourite climbs is Holme Moss in the peak district and no matter how many times I do it it still makes me suffer in a good way.

Today I decided to shake it up a bit and take a quieter but significantly longer and harder route there.




It was tough, no doubt about it, lots of climbing, but also very rewarding. The first time I did Holme Moss I ended up averaging (I think) 13.4mph on the easier route to Holmefirth. This time around I average 14.8mph over the significantly more challenging route to Holmefirth and back, not to mention how much more challenging cycling this time of year is over the summer cycle I did the first time. Big improvements I'd say are proven by this kind of ride.

Honestly, anyone who hasn't done Holme Moss, if you're local(ish), spin out there and give it a go - if you're not local, get in your car and go do it, you won't be disappointed! Just don't be discouraged by the times set when the Tour de France came through, the speeds those guys went up is intimidating!


No comments:

Post a Comment