Saturday 8 September 2018

A 'Little' Annoucement

So here I am, in Tenby ready for another Ironman! But wait, this isn't just an Ironman for me this year (haha, 'just' an Ironman), this one is very important to me.

I have only shared this with those closest to me, because when I say it out loud it feels way to real, but here it is, out in the open so I have to commit to it now.





2018 is where I race, rather that take part.

2018 is where I compete for a position, rather than just survive to the finish line.

2018 is where I hope to qualify for the GBR team for the European Championships in long course triathlon.




It has to be the dream of every serious athlete to represent their country in an international championship event, and that's what I'm aiming for. Next year I want to be wearing GBR kit racing with the big boys. It won't be easy, but there it is!

So if anyone wants to follow me on Sunday, you can track me. There are apps available for Android and iPhone (just search Ironman live), or the website - my number is 757.




To make sure I'm on track, my target times are:
1:20 swim
0:10 T1 (remember this is the longest transition in triathlon so I'm not being mega slow here!)
6:40 bike
3:30 run

All going well I should sneak in under 11:50, my target time. And all going well, this should be enough to get me on the GBR team for 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment